Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DJ Khaled - We The Best Forever [hear]

DJ Khaled We The Best Forever Album
DJ Khaled has released another star-studded album entitled We The Best Forever. I think someone has told him not to talk as much on the tracks because he says very little compared to his older CDs. The album features artists like Drake, Lil’ Wayne, Rick Ross, Chris Brown, Big Sean, Game, Cee-Lo, Young Jeezy, Ludacris, Ne-Yo, and many more. There were a lot of sweet beats with production from Danja, Noah ‘40’ Shebib, The Runners, Boi-1da, and more. The singles were Welcome To My Hood, I’m On One, and It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over. After thorough listens to the album, I rated it a 4/5 stars overall. My favorite songs are I’m On One, Sleep When I’m Gone, and My Life. I commented on each track below and you can view my individual ratings as well.

DJ-Khaled-We-The-Best-Forever-Tracklist

01 I’m On One – This is a perfect way to start things off, my favorite song from the album as Drake, Ross, and Wayne kill it (just went certified gold as well, as the second single from the album). Produced by Noah ‘40’ Shebib.

02 Welcome To My Hood – The first single from the album. A true ‘hood’ anthem, can’t go wrong with T-Pain on the chorus, and nice verses by Wayne, Ross, and Plies.

03 Money – Ludacris spits a sick verse and Jeezy does his thing on a very hard track produced by Lex Luger.

04 I’m Thuggin’ – Did not know how I would feel about this song because I don’t like Waka, but I honestly like it. If you are in the mood to get hype, this is where it’s at. “This gone fuck the streets up, this gone fuck the clubs up” Khaled speaks the truth. Produced by Lex Luger.

05 It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over – The third single, but really not feeling this song at all, Loso and Jadakiss have verses, neither of which are very tight. Old school style beat, and Mary J. Blige does do her thing.

06 Legendary – I really like this inspirational song with Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, and Keyshia Cole all singing on a very nice instrumental. Talking about determination, overcoming obstacles, and working to become a legend.

07 Sleep When I’m Gone – This is my second favorite song from the album. Game kills it and I like Busta slowing his verse down a little so we can understand what he is saying. Cee-Lo’s unique voice on the chorus, and I’m really feelin’ it. Produced by Danja.

08 Can’t Stop – T-Pain does the chorus which is the best part about the song and Birdman raps…self-explanatory haha. Produced by Boi-1da.

09 Future – I thought this song could have been a lot better. Verses by Ace Hood, Meek Mill, Big Sean, Wale, and Vado. It’s a decent song, but Big Sean’s verse was disappointing and sounded off beat (too gangster of a beat for him in my opinion). Produced by Boi-1da.

10 My Life – This is my third favorite song. Akon is back to killing hooks on this one and I love B.o.B’s flow and lyrics. Just a chill instrumental.

11 A Million Lights – YMCMB brings most of the crew. Verses by Tyga, Mack Maine, Jae Millz, and Cory Gunz with Kevin Rudolf on the hook. I like this song a lot, I love the instrumental. Produced by The Runners.

12 Welcome To My Hood Remix – A long remix to Khaled’s first single, most artists featured do their thing.

I'm On One ft. Drake, Rick Ross, & Lil Wayne


Arwork:

Download on iTunes.
[@TheRealDJKhaled]